Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Who is Going Postal?

Everyday, we still get the mail. And has anyone else noticed that the decline of the post office has affected the carriers and overall customer service?

Several weeks ago, our postman had a delivery for us. He actually left the package on the porch, turned around, got in his truck & put our mail in the mailbox. I wish I were kidding.

I have also noticed that he is just a super grumpy guy. He doesn't give a courtesy wave, he doesn't care if he's blocking your driveway. I'm not the person to say people are awful, but I'm willing to make an exception in this case.

I also don't think his truck runs really well. I can't help but think he's at our mailbox, but he's a block away. So for about 5-10 minutes, everyday there are deliveries, I hear this loud truck all over the neighborhood that sounds like it's at our house.

This guy makes me crazy. I think he's disgruntled.

Really, "disgruntled" and "going postal" came out a few years ago when there were angry carriers terrorizing their own offices. Since then, it's not supposed to be PC to use these terms along with the post office, but yet there are all kinds of circumstances and situations anymore that make the terms more than relevant.

It makes me want to go postal, but I may have to throw this guy off & meet him with cupcakes one day. That should teach him! It's better than leaving a small animal inside the mailbox with the flag up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Like this post? Share it! Have something to say? Comment!

Come by for a visit sometime, too:
Facebook - RedHead Housewife
Twitter - @RedHedHousewife

No comments:

Post a Comment