Wednesday, August 24, 2011

SuperMom of Convenience Confession

I want to start this post by saying that we have 3 kids at home & I have a step-daughter. With these 4 children, we have a child in every level of the education system: elementary school, middle school, high school, college. This is the 2nd year in a row of this configuration.

So, with the three at home, they do go to three different schools, three different bus times, three different wake up times, three different breakfast times...I think you get the picture.

So every morning I fix up things like pancakes, waffles, bacon, hot tea, etc. You know, things that make up a good breakfast to start the day. A friend of mine was embarrassed that she thought she was being a great mommy by offering more than one type of cereal for her kids. But before you jump to conclusions of June Cleaver illusions wearing a cape...I have a confession:

I am truly thankful for the microwave. We get microwavable pancakes & bacon, and the waffles are done in the toaster or microwave. When my youngest asks for hot tea, I just pour the slightly sweet tea we have into a mug & nuke it in the microwave, too. OK, I will put out some grapes to make it better, but there you go.

My older son has braces & has issues eating school food (whole other issue), so I do make him a lunch that includes a sandwich & other things, but sometime, with the younger son, a lunchable is so much easier if he doesn't want what's at school. I tend to throw in a thing of string cheese to know I've put my stamp on it...and maybe some raisins, too. However, I do make cupcakes & will throw one in with the lunches & all of a sudden, it looks like a brilliantly put together meal that the other kids want.

So, who else is a SuperMom of Convenience...you LOOK like June Cleaver...but you're SO not! It's OK to raise your hands in this class. Stand up & be heard! You are not alone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Like this post? Share it! Have something to say? Comment on it!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, ooh, ooh! Me! (hand waving frantically)

    On birthdays and holidays we encourage people to give their time to our kids rather than toys and say that we don't want them to be too materialistic. But really it's so people will come and take them away for the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete